Lacco Ameno. Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Сhiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
On Corso Angelo Rizzoli, opposite the beach Lido Ithaca, there is a small jewel of architecture of the 18th century, miraculously escaped destruction during natural disasters.
a Plot of land on which stands the Church, with 1619 belonged to the family of Monty. in 1670 Sebastiano Monty began the construction of a small family chapel, which was completed in 1675. In 1732, the Church became the property of the bishopric, was significantly expanded and acquired the status of parish and became the religious centre of the town. Taking advantage of the benevolent attitude of the Bishop, the parish had some benefits and privileges, which allowed further decorate the temple.
However, the prosperity lasted little more than a century - the earthquake of 1833 brought the Church into disrepair and was closed for safety reasons. Restoration began only in 1931. The Church received a new facade, and the interior was restored authentic form.
In 1948 was built quite austere bell tower, the style which does not fit with a luxurious facade.
Now the Church is sandwiched in modern buildings so that it does not immediately notice. The best view of the Cathedral opens from the pier of the Marina of Lacco Ameno.